A Message from Mission Control
Space explorers, we need your help! It’s the year 2063 and we’ve just sent a crew down to the Moon from our orbiting Moon base. Unfortunately they’ve encountered some equipment malfunctions and had to make an emergency landing miles off course. We need you to design and build a Moon Rover as quickly as possible! As soon as it’s built, we’ll send you and the rover down to the Moon to find the stranded team. You’ll have to drive your rover over miles of unpredictable terrain so get ready for a bumpy ride, good luck!
Get Hooked on Science
AstroEngineer: Moon Rover™, the first game in our Mission Control series, is specifically designed to introduce kids in grades 6-9 to the world of engineering in a fun and engaging format.
AstroEngineer challenges players to use the engineering design process to assemble and navigate a moon rover. Throughout the game, players must use their problem solving skills to develop and test solutions when limited by certain environmental, budget, and technical constraints. Great for home, the classroom, or after-school, AstroEngineer offers an engaging way to get your children or students hooked on science at an early age. This game is available for PC or Mac.
- AstroEngineer comes with a comprehensive teacher guide that includes lesson plans, daily debriefing questions, homework assignments, slides, quizzes, and other teacher support tools.
- Purchase also includes access to an online teacher dashboard that lets you keep track of students’ progress.
- Students also receive their own online account in our system so that they can keep track of the missions they’ve accomplished.
- An institutional license automatically includes 20 seats. If you need more seats, please contact us, other volumes are available.
- AstroEngineer is based on National Science Education Standards, International Technology and Engineering Association standards, and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics standards
- AstroEngineer can be used in both formal and informal education for one week of class time. It’s also great for summer camps and after-school programs.
- AstroEngineer can be played on any computer with an internet connection.
- With purchase your child will receive an online account so that they can keep track of their progress.
- AstroEngineer is based on National Science Education Standards, International Technology and Engineering Association standards, and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics standards.
- When your child is playing AstroEngineer you can be confident that they’re playing a positive, educational game.
How Can I Get My Hands on AstroEngineer?
- Simply click the purchase link at the top of the page
- Click AstroEngineer: Moon Rover™ in our product catalog (make sure to get the right license, private for home and institutional for a class or school!)
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with an account name, password, and a link to the download page.
- Click the link to the download page, enter your account information, and download!